Wow, it's been a few years since I've created a blog! I think that this is a very convenient way to review and voice my thoughts from our classes this semester. It made me think of this clip of the week that I get in my emails through work, it's about trying something new and making it stick for a certain period of time....well I guess you'll see when you click on this link Try something new for 30 days or 3 months however long your class is!
Dr. Nellis you have triggered my thoughts already! On the first day with your questions about Educational Psychology and what it means to us. I hadn't given much thought to why I was taking this class, yes it is a required class but I am excited to take it.
I believe that what we learn in Educational Psychology is very important especially when it comes to inclusive education. Having the tools to be able to meet the needs of many different children and their families is very important when we are teaching and representing our schools and community. We are all role models for each other and I will work hard to make sure that I am keeping my students best interests in mind.
A few things I would like to learn about are.....How do you know when a student needs to be diagnosed/coded (I know we are getting away from coding) or when you the teacher may be the problem? I've seen a few students that had behaviour issues with one teacher and then the next year with a different teacher they aren't showing the same behaviours. What happens if a student is coded in this time? How hard is it get this reversed if a teacher feels they have been unjustly coded?
No comments:
Post a Comment