Tuesday, 31 January 2012

What is your current, main priority in life?


How I feel when my priorities aren't in order!
My current main priority in life is my children.  I am a mom first and everything else comes after.  These days I am also a student so my schooling and children are running neck and neck for priority.  Everything I do filters down from there, like the saying goes, “if mama ain’t happy ain’t nobody happy.”  When life is balanced there is less stress and everything co-exists nicely.  Families that have a good predictable routine are happy.  The hard part is making sure I can support my children in everything that I do.  I am married and work to maintain a good healthy relationship with my husband for our family which includes our children.  I am going back to school to get a career in teaching because I finally found something that supports what I like doing and is a healthy career choice for me to work and support my children.  Every decision I make during the day comes down to how it will affect my children.  My class schedule, how many classes I take, the career I choose and later on the school and or district I work in.  Before I make any decisions about that I have to look and see how it will impact my children and weigh the consequences.  Sometimes these decisions are not easily made or I have to adjust what I am doing to better suit all of us.  Having balance doesn’t always mean choices are easy or cut and dry.  That’s where balance and current priorities are hard to keep on the up and up.  


The image above is what I think about when I feel that my life is not balance and I have to check and see if my priorities are in order.  Right now I am going to school to become a teacher so I can provide a better life for my family.  So I’ve have to adjust all of my priorities to make this long term goal manageable.  Sometimes I can make a quick adjustment and move along, other times I need to take a longer look and wait out situations to find the solution.  

No comments:

Post a Comment