In class
today we were asked to think of the most famous feminine female and famous masculine
male. Our class came up with Princess
Diana, Kate Middleton, Marilyn Monroe, Oprah (which we ended up thinking could
be on both sides of the chart) and Betty White (I noticed that one came through
with laughter though so I’m not too sure if that was a serious response). For the masculine responses we had Don
Cherry, Tom Brady, Channing Tatum and George Clooney.
So, for the
students in our class that spoke up. The
top female responses were Princess Diana and Tom Brady whereas the top male
responses were Don Cherry and Marilyn Monroe.
In a short time for responses I noticed that the females had listed a
respected female and a hunky male. The
males in our class had listed a man’s man and a female known for being very
sexy. Hmm…Is that the route everyone
would take for listing people? Is it
easier for us to list people of the opposite sex because we are jealous
creatures and don’t want to think about competition? Or does the pleasure side of our brains
overrule and just go quickly to the “yumminess” factor that the opposite sex
brings out in us?
I got
thinking about this. How can I try to find the answers to my questions? Where can I get a whole bunch of responses in a
short period of time? Facebook of
course! My new status was this
question, “O.K. think of some famous
people...who in your mind is the most feminine female and the most masculine
male?” After editing the smarta$$
responses out. This is what I received…
Male
Responses
|
Female
|
Male
|
Kim Kardashian
|
Matthew McConaughey
|
|
Alanis Morrisette
|
Ted Nugent
|
|
Joan Jett
|
Mike Braniff
|
|
Jennifer Lopez
|
Taylor Laurent
|
|
Pippa Middleton
|
Ryan Gosling
|
|
Meg Ryan
|
George Clooney
|
|
Gisele Bundchen
|
Bradley Cooper
|
|
Kristin Cavallari
|
Clint Eastwood
|
|
Jennifer Aniston
|
Clint Eastwood
|
|
Julia Roberts
|
Charles Bronson
|
|
Nicole Kidman
|
||
Mila Kunis
|
Female
Responses
|
Female
|
Male
|
Audrey Hepburn
|
Robert Redford
|
|
Princess Diana
|
Clint Eastwood
|
|
Liz Taylor
|
Paul Newman
|
|
Grace Kelly
|
Daniel Craig
|
|
Audrey Hepburn
|
Sean Connery
|
|
Grace Kelly
|
Pierce Bronson
|
|
Marilyn Monroe
|
Colin Firth
|
|
Sarah Jessica Parker
|
Daniel Craig
|
|
Mila Kunis
|
Robert De Niro
|
|
Princess Kate
|
Al Pacino
|
|
Bette Davis
|
George Clooney
|
|
Gwyneth Paltrow
|
Howard Keel
|
|
Ernest Borgnine
|
||
Christopher Plummer
|
||
Cary Grant
|
||
John Wayne
|
||
Vin Diesel
|
||
Sean Connery
|
||
Clint Eastwood
|
||
Tom Selick
|
||
Bradley Cooper
|
First I was
surprised Chuck Norris wasn’t mentioned, that guy is everywhere!
I quickly
noticed that the males that responded had a longer list of females and the
females that responded had a longer list of males…hmm interesting. Maybe it is easier for us to think of
hotties! Also, the female responses of
famous females were mostly more respected famous females (no one listed Pamela
Anderson). The males listed by the
females were more on the man meat side. *insert grin here*
As for the
males, they had mostly listed sexy females and the famous males were, well….hmm
who am I to judge it’s their list. There
were a few good masculine guys there I guess.
Males and
females listed Mila Kunis, George Clooney, Clint Eastwood, and Bradley Cooper.
Clint
Eastwood was mentioned four times! That’s
a guy that has seen the movie industry come a long way!
I didn’t know everyone that my Facebook friends had listed. I looked a few up on Google to see what they
looked like and what roles they have played or what exactly made them
famous. My small
poll doesn’t really mean anything there are a lot of variables here. But it was fun to do, my thoughts are
satisfied and I learned a few new names too!
No comments:
Post a Comment