Tuesday, 7 February 2012

My Golden Circle of Why, How, What


In class we watched Simon Sinek’s TED TALK on how great leaders inspire us.  After, we were asked, “Why do you want to become a teacher?”  So I thought, Why do I want to teach and how does it fit into The Golden Circle?

Here's what I came up with for my Golden Circle!
                                                                 
My Why is….I love being in a classroom with students, learning and teaching.

My How is….I work in a classroom and found out I want to further my career.

My What is…. I see the students and what they are capable of achieving; I love it when I am the scaffolding that has helped them achieve the goals they didn’t even know were attainable!

I don’t want to teach to be a leader. I want to teach to inspire and show students that I believe in them.  If I command that they learn a spelling list then they will learn it write it down and get it done, that is very un-motivating and they will just become produces of work. 

I believe in my students and through showing them that I do; it creates a positive environment for us to thrive in.  That then has a ripple effect of people believing in themselves, attaining goals and building positive networks.  

Another thought that I have about the Golden Circle is that it is a great way to self-check where you are in life.  If I end up only thinking about the What? of teaching instead of the Why? then I need to reassess where I am with my students and my career. 

Remember start with the Why?

No comments:

Post a Comment